Glasshouse Mountains Golf Zone Junior Golfers Association
The Glasshouse Mountains Golf Zone Junior Association is a sub-Committee of the Zone and is responsible for the running of junior programmes and coaching clinics and the selection of juniors for the annual zone coaching programs that have been put in place.
The Junior Association is charged with the following responsibilities:
- working with club junior convenors to promote junior golf within the zone; and
- ensuring a uniform junior handicapping system is in place and available for use by all clubs within the zone; and
- assisting clubs to hold junior open days as needed; and
- on an annual basis, nominating the standout juniors within the zone for inclusion in the District’s Annual Junior Coaching Program; and
- delivering junior pennant and Future Tour events as supported by the clubs; and
- ensuring that all these programs and events are run in an efficient manner.
Further details on the Junior Association role and responsibilities can be found in the Zone’s By-Laws
2019 OFFICE BEARERS
President – Shaun O’Hara, Bribie Island Golf Club
Secretary/Treasurer – Linda Urquhart, Bribie Island Golf Club
Junior Pennant Coordinator – Ken McKay, Wantima Golf Club
Future Tour Coordinator – Wayne Summerfeld, Caboolture Golf Club
POLICIES and PROCEDURES
Child Protection Policy – This policy of the GMGZ is integral to the work of the Junior Association and all office-bearers of the Junior Association are required to hold a current and valid “Blue Card” from the Queensland Government.